Friday, August 1, 2014

Kiss Stick-On Nail Strips Review

As mentioned in a previous post, I am a nail polish junkie. With that said, I rarely have time to sit and let my nails dry throughout the day--you know, with e-schooling, taking care of the home, and having two kids and all. That's why I decided to take the easy way out and try out these no-dry nail strips.



* Products were purchased by me for review.

I paid about $2 for one application (14 stickers, I believe) at my local Dollar General.

Here is a close-up of the design that I chose.


Now, according to the directions, you simply clean your nails, make sure they're dried thoroughly, pick off the stickers that best cover each nail, press it on, and file off the excess. It sounds simple enough, right?

Not exactly. Placing the strips and pressing them onto the nail was a breeze, but when it came to filing, it wasn't as easy as the instructions made it seem. It made the sticker slide around a bit, which was quite annoying, and at one point, I actually ended up getting a piece of my hair stuck to the sticker.

After a bit of trial and error, I finally got the darn things on.


They looked awesome. I loved the design and how quickly I was able to get the look of a salon manicure.


Buuuuut...I do a lot of dishes by hand. And I mean a lot. I don't wear rubber gloves. I use my bare hands. These little stick-on nails didn't hold up very well in the soapy water. I suppose that's to be expected. They fell off within a couple of hours, so I wasn't very impressed and I wouldn't buy them again, but like I said, it could be my daily routine that makes me a bad match for this product.


Have you ever tried Kiss Stick-On Nail Strips? What did you think? Let me know in a comment or link to your review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS