Thursday, September 11, 2014

Yum! Monster Cupcakes for Halloween

I love baking. I'm not particularly great at cooking, but I tell you what! I can throw something from a box together and toss it in the oven and it'll come out as a cake. I'm basically a scientist.

I also love Halloween.

Baking+Halloween=Happiness. Needless to say, when I saw the "Baker's Corner" Monster Cupcake Kit at Aldi, I just had to have it. I paid about $2.50 for the kit, give or take a few cents, and it made a dozen cupcakes. The kit includes cupcake mix, frosting mix/coloring, black icing, candy "eyes," and candy corn. It did not come with cupcake liners, so I just greased my muffin pans up and baked the cupcakes without liners. I was in a hurry, but I do recommend you use liners.

Anyway, you simply add eggs and water to the cake mix, whisk it up, pour it into the cupcake liners, and bake according to the directions. While it's baking, you can whip up the frosting. All you need is milk.

Once those puppies come out of the oven, let them cool, and then have fun frosting them.

My son and I created these awesome monsters.


Aren't they freakin' cute? I really didn't expect them to turn out so well. The purple frosting looked a bit "grainy," but didn't feel grainy in my mouth. I never figured out why that was. It also looked a bit lighter than it was on the box, but it didn't really effect the product overall--nor did it effect the taste.

Doesn't he look so enthused?
So, yeah, for only having spent less than $3, I was not disappointed in the least. I would definitely purchase the Baker's Corner Monster Cupcake Kit again. It kind of makes me want to host a Halloween party. ;)

Check out my holiday tutorials for DIY Halloween effects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS